Monday, October 13, 2008

I have reached the pits of wuss-dom. Yes, it's a word....look it up. I thought I was all big and bad cutting myself off of the Wellbutrin. "I don't need no stinkin' antidepressants...". Sigh. Apparently, there is a part of me that does. The part of me that is lying in a puddle of tears in the corner, shaking like a leaf needs something. Really badly. The wuss.

I really do love the idea of less chemicals in my sytem. Love it. But, not if it means I am going to feel near death three of four times a day.

My panic attacks are hitting me hard, and often. Not just the shaky ones....no, it's the "I can't take a deep breath, is this a heart attack, why is this damn room spinning" variety. Good times, good times.

I have no insurance at the moment...but I have to go see Mr. Shrinky Dinky again. I hate going to see him. He looks like Jim Carrey. Jim Carrey as an alcholic on a permanent tropical vacation. Ack...those shirts....they are hideous.

And I always feel the need to mess with his head when we have our "chats". He asks me if I am seeing things that aren't really there. "Dude. If I am seeing them, how will I know they aren't really there?" Do you have thoughts of hurting yourself or others? "Just when they piss me off really bad." Errr. Uhhh.

I believe in getting my money's worth with that man.

Ok, he knows I am joking and he makes me be serious then.

Like, how I seriously need something to stop these freaking panic attacks A.S.A.P.



(Insert witty closing line here. The one I can't come up with. Yet. )

2 comments:

Odie said...

((((((hugs))))) I know how it feels...literally. I was put on something else because the Well. was giving me horrible nightmares. The stuff I am on now...puts me at a normal even keel...I feel like my old self again. Let me know if you want to know what it is so you can ask for it. But yeah, those panic attacks, don't have those anymore either... I totally understand how you are feeling...totally. If you need to talk, you know where I am. Seriously!! K?

Love ya!

Amanda said...

I am so sorry my dear. I just went off effexor, and THAT is the worst. I litterally broke door jams and screamed like a banche and made everyone around me nuts. But I am better now.
Trust me when I say this... you being off of wellbutrim is good for you and your body. It REALLY is.
I am no expert, but I believe that with some prayer and submission, you could really address the panic attacks.
Next time it happens, stop whatever you are doing and cry to the Lord, "Please God, please help me to deal with this. I give this problem over to you Lord, and pray that you can guide me and show me how to deal."
You could probably say just prior to it, "Dear Jesus, I believe you are my Saviour adn that you died for me on the cross at Calvary and that I am your precious child."

Now, do I really belive you will want to say any of that? Nope. But its me! You know that I believe in the power of prayer and the power of the Lord.

So, I do hope you are finding ways to cope and feeling better.

You are very loved!

Many blessings-
Amanda
http://iammommy.typepad.com