Thursday, October 30, 2008

I learn something new every day.

I am ashamed to say that I am a pumpkin carving control freak. I had no idea. Yesterday, Tyler walked away mad at me because I was lecturing him on the proper lid cutting procedure. And Brianna said " See, Mom, this is why we are scared to carve pumpkins around you."
Huh?
Yes, people, my kids would rather poke out their eyeballs than have me carve pumpkins with them. Apparently, this has been a problem for many years.
We did the cute face carvings when they were little. Then I discovered the design books to carve cool scenes. After that, I would carve my pumpkins in the dead of night so no one could do it with me.
Seriously.
But, to be nice...I let Tyler help carve my haunted house design. And turned away when he just went sawing willy-nilly by the windows. Which is delicate work, BTW.
I have serious issues.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sadly, I am the same way when decorating sugar cookies. It should be fun. Something the kids can really get into. But, I like them to look pretty. And 2 year old dont do pretty!

Youa re too funnny.

Many blessings-
Amanda

Odie said...

LOL! I am not that way on pumpkins...but there are other things I will not let anyone "help" me with. Mainly...CHRISTMAS TREES!!! I did good last year and didn't redecorate the whole thing after Josh put up some ornaments...notice I said some...LOL

*hugs*

Heather said...

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who is a control freak..lol

Luv~Heather