Christmas '08 is now officially my worst holiday ever. Brianna is moving out tomorrow. Tyler whined because he didn't get a new phone. Even though I told him I was getting it next week. I got nothing because Scott told me to buy myself something and I think that is stupid.
I didn't even put a tree up.
We had his family over yesterday and that went well, though. (Except for the fact that it rained all day and the dog kept tracking mud in every time I mopped the floor.) I got a pretty holiday basket and some lotions and candles from his family. Which shocked me and was just so nice. Also, I made a 29 lb turkey and had nothing left after everyone ate and took leftovers home. At least I know they like my cooking, right?
After unwrapping gifts and playing some Rock Band 2 (which does indeed rock) I went back to bed. For the day. Scott brought me dinner in bed and bottles of water at random. I have watched a bunch of crap TV all day. And napped alot.
I just put too many expectations on this day. I try to make everyone happy. I try to do everything. And I set myself up for failure every freaking time. A lesson learned I suppose. If I could just remember it next year.
Oh, well.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday full of family and fun.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm sorry you had a crappy day. As hard as it may seem, you have to let Brianna make mistakes and just hope that she learns from them. Remember to tell me this same thing in 8 years, okay? Hang in there, everything will work out. It always does.
Luv~Heather
(((((((((hugs)))))))))
Oh Tracie...I am so sorry...I am sure it's so hard letting Brianna go...I can only imagine how you feel. She will be in my prayers for her safety.
And I am sorry that they day was a let down. I do the same thing, plus I stress the whole month of December until it's all over with. Spending the day in bed with Scott pampering you doesn't sound so bad... :)
Things will calm down, and they will be okay...you let her spread her wings like we have to do as parents, and you will worry every single day...you had to let her go and find out about life one her own. Like I said, give her a few months, she will be back.
If you need to talk...you know I am always here for you.
*big cheer up hugs*
Wow. You are in need of an emergency uplifting prayer! OK. done. Can you feel the peace? lol
I am sorry that things aren't going as well as you would have liked. I am sorry that Brianna is making some touch and potentially hurtful choices. I hope you know that someone is always praying for you.
Many blessings-
Amanda
Sometimes you have to be selfish and think about you.... as mom's..we always try to make everyone else happy. I'm sorry that you feel that this is the worst holiday ever. I think Brianna needs to go and make her mistakes.. apparently she wants to make this one. Let her see how hard it will be... as long as she knows that you are there....she will either succeed or come back home. I found your blog!!! Lisa
OH and I would love it if my hubby says go buy yourself something!!! LOL..... we actually do that ... we find stuff we like and say, here, give this to me at Christmas... or we buy something big together and tell each other... Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday... blah, blah, blah.. we crack up... anyway... have a great New Years!! Lisa (lisita15)
Post a Comment