Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Growing up

My daughter has decided that she no longer wants to live here. She hates our rules. My only rule is that she come home at 1 am. That's too strict, apparently.
Friday she is moving out with some other girls from work. To say that I am shocked is an understatement. She has no license yet and is not going to school at this time.
Of course she thinks she knows it all and she can live on what she makes at her job. (She can't.)
I can't help but feel that she is repeating the mistakes I made at about her age. I traveled a hard, hard road to get to where I am today. I hope she comes to her senses and moves back in before she does anything stupid.
At least the constant battles we have been having lately will stop. That's a plus, I guess.

2 comments:

Odie said...

Wow, that was quick... I thought she would think it out a bit more before she actually moved out.
(((((((hugs)))))))
Her eyes will open, it may take a bit, but trying to survive on your own, and pull your own weight in the kind of world we live in today will not be easy, that's for sure.
I am always here if you need to talk...

*hugs and love*

Heather said...

We all thought we knew everything at her age, but soon enough reality slapped us in the face. She will soon realize that she doesn't know everything and that maybe your rules aren't so bad after all. Hang in there, she'll come to her senses.

Luv~Heather