Sunday, February 08, 2009

Home repairs.

Love 'em.
Ha.
I mentioned that my dryer broke the other day.
The next day....my washer backed up into the sink in our laundry room.
Great, just great.
I drain the water in the kitchen sink...only to see that the pipe underneath has sprung a leak.
And the laundry room sink is draining through that pipe. (No clue why it does that, just one of the many perks of the plumbing in this house).
I start pouring water out the kitchen window. (But not before I empty one pan right back into the sink. Yeah. Duh.)
Scott comes home to find me sobbing on the couch. I c-can't take one m-more thing g-going wrong here!" He is still confused as to why I felt the need to cry over plumbing.
Did I mention I hate when things don't work right? It makes me nervous and stresses me out.
The dryer guy came on Thursday and said that it might be an electrical problem and to wait on fixing the computer panel thingy on the dryer.
That sent me about over the edge. Visions of having to re-wire the whole house were floating in my head. I did alot of staring into space that evening.
The plumber came and fixed everything on Friday.
The electrician (friend of Scott's) come over on Saturday and put in a new breaker. And the dryer worked again.
Knock on wood....everything in my kitchen and laundry room is working as it should.
Just the way I like it.
The electrician is going to put in all new breakers real soon though. At least the house doesn't need re-wired!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Glad everything worked out fairly easy. I'm with you...anything goes wrong and I don't know how to act.

Luv~Heather

Odie said...

Home repairs are very stressful! I am glad tho that things are working out pretty smoothly...

I don't know what's worse...car repairs, or home repairs? They both suck!

Thanks for the phone call today!

*hugs*